Fall Open House
October 10th & 17th
What to Expect
Our Open Houses are designed for new and prospective campers to get out to Camp Carolina, meet our owners and Directors, take a tour (including cabins, dining hall etc), and participate in some fun activities. It is a perfect opportunity to allow campers to get a lay of the land and feel more comfortable about Opening Day 2021 and for parents to be able to meet our staff face to face, ask questions and help their son get the most out of his camp experience.
We are also welcoming alumni and current campers who want to come and visit and enjoy the Open Houses!
The tour will include walking on gravel roads and trails so please make sure the whole family is wearing close toe shoes appropriate for uneven terrain! We will have some snacks and drinks available. We anticipate most families spending around 2 hours at the Open House.
The Western North Carolina region during the Fall is the place to be! The fall color is stunning, the weather is fantastic to be outdoors and the festivities are high. Many families are making a weekend out of their trip. See below for some tips and ideas for your visit!
- Plan accommodation options early! They tend to fill up quickly in October.
- Head to Hendersonville to pick apples. There are many orchards with amazing apples, views and festive fun.
- Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. The higher elevations will be at peak mid October and make for the most epic views and photos.
- Dine at the many incredible restaurants in Asheville. Described as a foodie paradise there are great options for everyone.
- Camp Rockbrook for Girls and Camp Keystone for Girls are both holding Open Houses (Keystone only on October 10th). To register for Keystone click here and to register for Rockbrook click here
What are you covid-19 policies?
North Carolina requires face masks to be worn when you cannot be more than 6ft from other people. On arrival we ask for all participants to please wear a mask for a quick temperature and symptom screen in your car. Our staff will be wearing masks when on the tour and when inside buildings. You are free to remove your mask when your household is 6ft or more away from others.
Please do not attend an open house if you or anyone in your party is experiencing any CoVid-19 related symptoms, or you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for CoVid-19 in the past 14 days.
Can’t make it in person? In October/November we will be hosting several Online Parties hosted by current families and camp Directors via Zoom. You will receive an invite via email over the next few weeks.